The Foundation School Open Art Competition has ended and we are no longer accepting any more entries. The response has been tremendous and our judges are indeed going to have their work cut out for them. Please watch this page for results. The final prizes will be announced on or before Sunday 2nd October 2016.
By The Foundation School, Bangalore
(An IIT/IIM Alumni School)
The maturity of a society is reflected in the depth, variety and inclusivity of its art, architecture and culture. As an educational institution founded by IIT/IIM Alumni, our endeavour at The Foundation School, is to help further this cause by encouraging students across the nation express themselves in a variety of artistic themes.
Therefore, we are happy to announce the first edition of The Foundation School's Open Art Competition. This competition is open to all students from Grades 1 to 12 across India. There are exciting prizes and certificates for winners.
The competition is Open to all students from classes 1 to 12 studying in any school in India. Home schooled students, or those studying in alternative schools are also eligible. You can send us your entry either by WhatsApp or via email. Please read through the rules before submitting your entries.
For each of the 5 categories below, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes will be awarded. There will also be up to 5 additional prizes in each category for entries that have shown a high degree of originality, creativity, knowledge, techniques etc. The 5 categories are "Class 1 and 2", "Class 3 and 4", "Class 5 and 6", "Class 7 and 8" and "Class 9, 10, 11 and 12".
For the first four categories, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and additional prizes are Rs. 1000, Rs. 800, Rs. 500 and Rs. 300 respectively. For the 5th category (Class 9, 10, 11 and 12), the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and additional prizes are Rs. 3000, Rs. 2000, Rs. 1000 and Rs. 750 respectively. All winning participants will also be awarded certificates. Prizes will be in the form of gift coupons.
1. Medium: The work of art can be a sketch, drawing or a painting in any medium such as water colours, crayons, pencils, charcoal, oil paintings etc. There is no specific theme or topic for this competition and you can submit as many entries as you like.
2. Original: The work of art should be original i.e. it must have been created by the participant herself or himself.
3. Creation date: The work of art should have been created after June 1st 2015.
4. Infringement: The work of art must not infringe or violate others' rights, trade marks, intellectual property rights and copyrights.
5. Proper Content: The work of art must not contain any material that is inappropriate at school student levels. They should not violate any rules of India and should not be indecent, offensive, hateful, defamatory and unsuitable for public display and publication.
6. Rights: By submitting your work for this competition, you give The Foundation School, permanent non-exclusive rights to publish your work of art on any media including online/internet based media and on print media. You will still retain ownership of your original work of art.
7. Judging: The Foundation School will appoint a panel of art experts who will judge all valid entries. The decision of this panel will be final and no communication regarding the results will be entertained. It is possible that some prizes may not be given if the quality of entries are not up to the mark.
A. Dates: The last date for submitting your entry is Friday the 23th Sept 2016. Results will be announced during the week of 26th September 2016.
B. Submit artwork: You can submit either by WhatsApp or via email.
* To submit via WhatsApp, take a sharp and clear photograph of your artwork. Send the photograph to 9379190731 via WhatsApp.
* To submit via email, scan your artwork, or take a sharp and clear photograph of your artwork. Attach it to an email with the subject line "Art Competition and send it to Competitions@FoundationSchoolIndia.com. Unclear photos may be rejected. Your scanned images should not exceed 5 MB size. You can submit more than one entry.
C. Information: Please ensure that you mention your Name, Class, School name, Father/ Mother/ Guardian's name, Postal address, Email address and a Mobile phone number on your artwork. Here is how you can provide this information without damaging your original artwork. CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
D. No Physical Copies: Please note that we will not be accepting any artwork in physical format for this competition. Therefore, please do not send us your artwork by courier or mail by post. Please retain your original artwork with yourself, and only submit photos or scanned images.
We understand that the contact information provided in the entry, will be that of the parent or the guardian as participants in this competition will be minors and may not have their own mobile phones or email addresses. Therefore the communication from us will reach parents or guardians first and we request them to inform their children about the same.